The Most Important Pet Vaccines
When you choose to become
There are numerous illnesses and diseases facing our pets, some of which can have life-altering consequences or even prove deadly. As caring and conscientious owners, we have the ability to prevent our beloved animals from contracting some of these illnesses, which will protect them from their devastating and debilitating effects. This is because there are now more pet vaccines available than ever before.
What are pet vaccines and how do they work?
Pet vaccines are identical in design to human vaccines. They involve injecting tiny amounts of antigens that are masquerading as the disease into your pet, triggering her immune system to fight against it. If your pet is exposed to the disease in the future, your body will recognize and automatically fight it again and much more effectively. While some vaccines may protect your pet entirely, others may
Why you should be vaccinating your pet
As loving pet parents, we want to protect our animals from any unnecessary pain and suffering. Other reasons we should be vaccinating our pets include
- Controlling the spread of infectious diseases to other animals in your home and the surrounding area.
- Some infectious diseases can be spread to humans in your home, so vaccinating your pet can help keep your family safe too.
- Reducing the risk of complications associated with the disease.
- Fewer stressful visits to our veterinarian.
- Fewer expensive veterinary bills!
- Support your pet to live a long, healthy life.
What are the most important vaccinations for my pet to have?
Core vaccines for dogs
- Canine hepatitis
Core vaccines for cats
- Feline calcivirus
- Feline infectious enteritis
- Feline herpes virus
- Feline chlamydophilosis
Core vaccines for rabbits
Core vaccines for horses
- West Nile Virus
- Eastern/Western Equine Encephalomyelitis
Our veterinarian will be happy to discuss the finer points of each of these vaccines with you before you commit to a preventative vaccination schedule.
You may be breaking the law if you are not up to date with your pet vaccinations
Some states have very definitive regulations with regards to the vaccination of pets living there. For example, Washington State specifies that all domestic dogs, cats
If you are planning on putting your pet into boarding kennels, will be using a grooming
For further advice on pet vaccinations, arrange an appointment with our local veterinary team.